We take our responsibilities under Thailand’s Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”) 2019 and where applicable, the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) seriously.
“Personal Data” is data that can be used to identify a natural person, and would include your name, address, contact details, identification numbers, telephone numbers, email address, and photographs.
This policy explains how we collect, use, disclose and process Personal Data entrusted to us. By studying this policy, you will be able to make an informed decision before providing us with your Personal Data.
Your provision of Personal Data is voluntary. That said, if you choose not to provide us with Personal Data, it may not be possible for us to work with you, contact you or provide you with the products, services or information you require. If you provide us with the Personal Data of anyone other than yourself (including your family members) you warrant that you have informed him/her of the purposes for which we require the Personal Data and that he/she has consented to your disclosure and provision of the Personal Data for those purposes.
By accessing our website and/or providing us with Personal Data, you agree to the terms of this policy and you consent for yourself and on behalf of such other persons to our collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data on these terms. Please ensure that all Personal Data you provide is true, accurate, and complete.
If you have any queries on this policy or how we collect, manage, protect and/or process your Personal Data, please do not hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer at the contact details below.
Personal data we collect
Instances in which we collect and process Personal Data include:
- Collecting Personal data that you may provide through our Website. This includes but is not limited to any Personal Data provided when you contact us through our contact page such as your name, email address and contact details.
- Keeping record(s) of correspondence when you contact us.
- Capturing Personal data via any error logging and reporting tool sent to us in order for us to be informed of any software errors or problems that may occur during your use of our Website or the services provided on it.
- Keeping details of your visits to our Website, the activities you engage in when accessing our Website and the resources that you access on or via our Website.
Purposes for our collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To contact you through the contact information provided by you (via post, fax, email, SMS, telephone or any other means of communication) in order to provide you with information that you request from us.
- To manage and administer your use of the Website and contact you as may from time to time be necessary in connection with your use of the Website.
- To collect information relating to your online interactions with us (including, for example, your IP address and the pages you view) so that we can offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your relationship with us and better serve your needs by customizing the content that we share with you.
- For managing your relationship with us.
- Providing you with the information you have requested.
- Providing you with information and updates on Kenan’s services, including personalized content and advertisements or other forms of marketing.
- Assisting you with your enquiries on our services such as over the form or via email.
- Keeping you updated on our products and services.
- Conducting research, analysis and development activities (including but not limited to statistical analysis, data analytics, surveys and/or profiling) to improve the Website, services and facilities in order to enhance the services we provide to you.
- To store, host and/or back up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) your personal data.
- For accounting, risk management, and record-keeping purposes.
- To verify, facilitate and/or process your transaction(s) with us.
- To provide goods and services by us or by our designated representatives and/or business partners to you or to parties designated by you and matters ancillary thereto.
- To responding to legal process, pursuing legal rights and remedies, defending litigation and managing any complaints or claims.
- To respond to requests for information from public and governmental / regulatory authorities, statutory boards, and related companies and for audit, compliance, investigation and inspection purposes.
- Carrying out research, planning and statistical analysis.
- To comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request.
Disclosure of your information
Your Personal Data may be used, disclosed, maintained, accessed, processed and/or transferred to the following third parties, whether sited in Thailand or outside of Thailand, for one or more of the purposes set out above:
- Third party service providers which require the processing of your data, for example, third party service providers which have been engaged by us to: (i) to provide and maintain any IT equipment used to store and access your personal information; (ii) to host our Website; or (iii) otherwise in connection with the provision of certain services provided to you on or via our Website;
- our auditors and legal advisors;
- public and governmental/regulatory authorities, statutory boards, industry associations; and /or
- courts and other alternative dispute forums.
We will not provide third parties (whether or not located in Thailand) with information about our Website’s users or database members. We do not rent, sell, give, exchange, or otherwise share personally identifiable information with other individuals or organizations.
Protection and Retention of Personal Data
We will take reasonable steps to maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of your personal information.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data
Where you submit your personal data on our Website, you should try to ensure such Personal Data is accurate, and let us know if such Personal Data changes so that we are not holding any inaccurate Personal Data about you.
Withdrawal of Consent
You may request to access and/or correct the personal data currently in our possession by writing to the Data Protection Officer using the contact details provided below. Please note that we may charge you a reasonable fee for the handling and processing of your requests to access your personal data.
How to contact us