Are you an experienced coordinator with a proven record of stakeholder network and community development? Kenan Institute Asia, a non-profit development organization working in partnership with companies, governments, academia, and committed individuals to empower people with the knowledge, technology, and skills necessary for a better future, is seeking an experienced, proactive and resourceful professional to support our development initiative to bring peace to communities in the deep South of Thailand. This role is based in Narathiwat, Thailand.
We’re looking for an outstanding person who is rewarded by the fruits of his/her labor to bring peace to communities in Thailand’s restive deep South and empower them to determine their own future. So, if you’re motivated by the desire to contribute to a peaceful society and want to make your mark by helping others through working for a professional, non-profit organization, we would like to talk to you.
Create and strengthen collaborative networks between partner universities, schools, and youth leader groups in the deep South of Thailand (Narathiwat, Pattani, Yala) to support youth leaders to bring community members together to achieve shared benefits within their communities. Travel extensively in the project areas to establish a good working relationship with all project partners and stakeholders and coordinate with them by following the project plan to achieve results.
Experience & Skills:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in social studies or development
- Project Management: Minimum three years of experience in project and network management
- Youth Development: Minimum five years of experience working on social change and youth development issues
- Coordination: Work in partnership with project stakeholders to establish functioning networks that work collaboratively to develop a mechanism that connects community members to achieve the project goal
- Organization: Excellent organizational and group facilitation skills
- Communication: Able to speak persuasively in Thai and write well in Thai and English
- Teamwork: Work well as a part of a cohesive field team to support our network building efforts
- Establish Stakeholder Networks: Coordinate with target stakeholders and support them to establish networks, set up and facilitate meetings with these networks to drive project activities following a work plan to achieve project results and goal
- Support youth community project implementation: Supervise, mentor, and support youth leaders to initiate and implement development projects that benefit their communities
It would be great if:
- You can converse fluently in Malayu
- You have knowledge of and direct working experience in the deep South of Thailand
- You have a driving license and own vehicle and can travel across the three provinces