Kenan is seeking for the position of Communications Specialist to develop English language content to build the organizations brand through digital and traditional communication channels and assist in writing reports and proposals.
- Content Creation: work closely with donor management and project implementation teams to develop compelling and engaging written content for use across multiple digital and traditional media channels in support of Kenan’s goals and objectives, such as: donor and beneficiary case studies, newsletters, articles, digital advertisements, annual reports and brochures.
- Content Editing: Take the key role in reviewing all English language content produced by the communications team to ensure effective messaging and no errors.
- Report and proposal preparation: in close consultation with the technical and business development teams help write and edit reports and funding proposals.
- Key Messaging: support collaboration efforts with donor management and project implementation teams to gather effective feedback and key insights on Kenan’s services to help improve communications materials and services.
Skills and abilities
- Detail Oriented
- Social media platform management
- Exceptional writing and storytelling capabilities (business writing a plus)
- Content planning/mapping
- Data analysis (social media metrics)
- Native English speaker
- At least 2 years of direct experience in a role with substantial writing
- Experience in consumer or business marketing, or journalism is preferable
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Communications, Journalism, or Business Administration